Neil McDonald's Dynamics CRM Blog

Archive for January 2012

CRM Email Router and Office 365

leave a comment »

We were recently moved from Microsoft Business Productivity Online Standard Suite (BPOS) to the new Office 365 platform.

BPOS was built on the 2007 range of Microsoft’s server products, so the step up to SharePoint and Exchange 2010 is very welcome.

However, I needed to reconfigure our CRM email router to process emails from the new system.

I tried all sorts of weird and wonderful email server URLs and kept being greeted by ‘401 Unauthorised errors’. Using auto-discover seemed to work for a few of the mailboxes, but it was very slow and occasionally stopped working until the Email Router service was restarted.

Finally, I got it working. After accessing webmail from the 365 portal, take the URL from the address bar and adapt it for the Exchange web service URL e.g.

1

becomes…

2

My Email Router configuration profiles for both outgoing and incoming mail look like this: –

3

Now when testing the connection on users and queues, I’m greeted with the familiar Incoming Status: Succeeded message.

Read the rest of this entry »

Written by neilmcd

January 20, 2012 at 4:39 pm

Posted in CRM 2011

Tagged with , ,